Sunday, October 28, 2012

2d or not 2d that is the question??

So far my 3d animating skills are super poor real hard, which would of been alright, if i had the time to learn it, but with only 2 more weeks too the deadline, i am seriously thinking of changing my animation into a 2d animation, since i have more experience in it. So my rigs are not working too well, and my character facial expression are really bad, and it takes me a whole day just to do one shot, that looks really bad, because of the way it deforms. Then if i ever get my animating done on maya, i sill have to fix my models, and then render them out, which will take a while. I dont think i can make it in time, and i still have to add sound.

If i chose to do it in 2d, i would lose all the time and effect of creating the models and textures, and detail, but i will be about to have a finished animation with decent results, i even did most of the rough animation in flash and i would be a lot less stress, and the reason why i chose to do it in 3d was for the learning experience, and i did learn to use zbrush to sculpt my characters which was an enjoyable experience, but also learn t that my models dont deform well, with the rigs we made for them, and now we dont have time to fix it. 

so yeah i really dont know what to do, it might even take  just as long to do it in 2d, but at least i know what im doing and would be a lot less stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment